Free Online Ordinations - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Ministry Products - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Wedding Law - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Guide to Divinity - The Univeral Life Church Monastery

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marrying my friends in PA, I have lots of questions and little experience.
Turk Davidson
post Apr 27 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,927

Hello, hope you are all having a wonderful day when you read this.

I was ordained in January and my friends wedding is in June. They asked me to the wedding and when I called the Allegheny County Records office and asked them question, I mentioned being ordained from the ULC and they said nothing this was a few months ago. Yesterday I called to ask a few questions and they said that I *can* marry them, but if there ever came a time where my friends would have to prove their marriage in court, the Judge can/may through out their marriage and say it never existed.

There is a little under two months until the wedding and I don't know what to do. I'm very inexperienced and this would be my first wedding and its for two of my best friends. If anyone who has experience with weddings in PA would want to help me out that'd be greatly appreciated, I'm not to familiar with all the steps I need to take.

Edit I mainly have one question concerning the Marriage Return. Where do I get that and how do I handle it.

Thank you,

Turk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BR. Joseph
post May 7 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 9,008

QUOTE (Turk Davidson @ Apr 27 2012, 09:01 AM) *
Hello, hope you are all having a wonderful day when you read this.

I was ordained in January and my friends wedding is in June. They asked me to the wedding and when I called the Allegheny County Records office and asked them question, I mentioned being ordained from the ULC and they said nothing this was a few months ago. Yesterday I called to ask a few questions and they said that I *can* marry them, but if there ever came a time where my friends would have to prove their marriage in court, the Judge can/may through out their marriage and say it never existed.

There is a little under two months until the wedding and I don't know what to do. I'm very inexperienced and this would be my first wedding and its for two of my best friends. If anyone who has experience with weddings in PA would want to help me out that'd be greatly appreciated, I'm not to familiar with all the steps I need to take.

Edit I mainly have one question concerning the Marriage Return. Where do I get that and how do I handle it.

Thank you,

Turk

First, do the wedding as planned. If your friends end up parting ways then that is their problem to figure out later. As far as the civil side and a crooked judge choosing to fail to recognize one church out of many much smaller denominations... You have no control over that except the right to vote.

Second I am not even remotely sure of what you mean by marriage return. Can you describe this?

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney and all advice should be taken only as well intended and generally good personal advice from someone that has read the US constitution more than one time. I also do not live in PA and find that the issues that have been happening in that state are clearly solved by reading the constitution and applying what is written.

--------------------
In the beginning, now and in the end.

There is nothing new under the sun.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 09:47 AM