Free Online Ordinations - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Ministry Products - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Wedding Law - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Guide to Divinity - The Univeral Life Church Monastery

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would you agree that everyone is spiritual?
Luke Ironside
post Apr 13 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,890

Would you agree that every person is inherently spiritual just by virtue of being human?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brother Michael
post Apr 13 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,687

According to my belief system, I am God, you are God and all things created by God are God. When we give up our physical selves all that is left is God.

Peace

--------------------
One's idea of God is as individual as one's response to a symphony. I cannot possibly hear the symphony for you, nor can I experience God for you. Then why must my description of God be the same as yours?

+Quote Post
baehron
post Apr 13 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,808

I would agree that everyone is inherently spiritual, but I don't see being human as is its proof or its cause. To me, that would be proving life because we see death.
I even accept that all are on their path back to God, despite the appearances, but that's just me.

Blessings, Baehron

--------------------
Would you rather be right or happy?

+Quote Post
Luke Ironside
post Apr 14 2012, 01:41 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,890

QUOTE (Brother Michael @ Apr 13 2012, 02:13 PM) *
According to my belief system, I am God, you are God and all things created by God are God. When we give up our physical selves all that is left is God.

Peace

I like that perspective. I would agree to an extent. I am very panentheistic in my perspective on Deity, and therefore see God/Goddess/The Great Unmanifest as residing in all things.

+Quote Post
BR. Joseph
post Apr 20 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #5

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 9,008

QUOTE (Luke Ironside @ Apr 13 2012, 06:41 PM) *
I like that perspective. I would agree to an extent. I am very panentheistic in my perspective on Deity, and therefore see God/Goddess/The Great Unmanifest as residing in all things.

I think as we all have a spiritual portion of our being we would hopefully have some drawing towards spirituality.

Panentheistic is one of those words I ran into recently in a class I am taking to brush up on a general knowledge of world religions. One runs into a lot of people who are panentheistic but few know the word. Great extra credit word for a kids grammar class I think.

--------------------
In the beginning, now and in the end.

There is nothing new under the sun.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 09:00 PM