Free Online Ordinations - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Ministry Products - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Wedding Law - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Guide to Divinity - The Univeral Life Church Monastery

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Being a ULC Minister
Luke Ironside
post Apr 11 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,890

Hi all

I have recently become a minister of the ULC and was wondering whether anyone has any suggestions on how to increase my knowledge as a minister or on what the next step to take is? I am a practicing neopagan however I have a strong interest in all religions and spiritual paths, and am interested in interfaith ministry. Is there any training program offered by the ULC? Or anything along those lines?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
joestpaul
post Aug 12 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,177

QUOTE (Luke Ironside @ Apr 11 2012, 06:00 PM) *
Hi all

I have recently become a minister of the ULC and was wondering whether anyone has any suggestions on how to increase my knowledge as a minister or on what the next step to take is? I am a practicing neopagan however I have a strong interest in all religions and spiritual paths, and am interested in interfaith ministry. Is there any training program offered by the ULC? Or anything along those lines?

Thanks

I have the same question? I live in Minnesota but just having the ordination is not enough.

+Quote Post
hammer
post Aug 12 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,026

QUOTE (joestpaul @ Aug 12 2012, 02:45 PM) *
I have the same question? I live in Minnesota but just having the ordination is not enough.

As a Evangelical Born Again Christian, I increase my knowlage by reading and studying my Christian Bible daily!

I am Ordained here, however I am a Ordained Christain Minister through a Christian Church as well!

However, you can also read the other Holy books so that you will have the knowlage that is worshiped by those who worship from those as well. I have this on my bucket list.

When I hear the title minister I always think Christian minister, I do not associate the title minister to any other practice then Christain.

Bob aka Hammer

+Quote Post
Rev. Dr. Red
post Mar 14 2013, 05:00 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,527

I know this topic is old, but ill tell you what i did.

Before getting ordained i did extensive research into many of todays more common faiths and denominations thereof. I view myself as Christian and mainly use the KJV Bible. I recently started studying the Urantia Book. I compare most other faiths to Christianity considering many of the stories are similar, just different names from different parts of the world. My studies will continue throughout my life, as i feel a proper minister never knows enough. There is always something to learn.

If your heart is in it, you'll be fine. Dont let anyone put you down and study whatever it is you want to preach. People will come to you for answers. And always be honest. If you cant answer definitively, give them your best educated opinion and tell them you will look into it and come back to them with a definitive answer.

--------------------
Rev. Dr. Red

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:45 PM