Free Online Ordinations - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Ministry Products - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Wedding Law - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Guide to Divinity - The Univeral Life Church Monastery

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You are Loved ink, Grass Roots missions of kindness.
BR. Joseph
post Dec 31 2011, 06:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 9,008

Here is the mission statement from this new charity group that is starting in Oregon to serve the community here.

I think it would make a great addition to the news letter since this group gives me hope for humanity.
You Are Loved ink

QUOTE ("You are Loved ink")
Self description:

We are a beginning grass roots organization to help others in need. No matter What Religion ,Race ,Creed , OR sexual orientation you may be .
Mission

Mission Statement:

Across the nation and in the world, for one reason or another, the amount of homeless people is on the rise. Unfortunately, Oregon is number one in our nation and the problem is still on the rise.

“Oregon has the highest proportion of homeless people in the nation, according to a new report on homelessness issued by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development” (Portland Tribune Oct. 30th, 2009). That means that Oregon is the home of the homeless. In the June 21st, 2011 issue of The Portland Mercury, it said that “The number of homeless families grew by 35%.” How much longer can we let this go on?

Did you ever wake up late for work, with no shower, pull on some clothes from the floor, and go to work? It kills your drive because you feel unclean. Well, without proper clothing, and hygiene equipment, ones dignity and spirit is gone. But with proper hygiene and clothing, that person’s dignity and spirit can help fight against the odds of unemployment.

Let me tell you how I got started on this path: I realized that all around us, there is suffering, depression, suicide, hate crimes, hunger and so much more that can be listed. I thought long and spam the question “What can I do?” Not having much myself and living from paycheck from paycheck I thought about this question often. Then an idea came to me, very simple but profound. I had business cards made up with three simple words printed on them, You Are Loved. The results from these cards were and are incredible.

The stories that were shared with me about those three simple words and how they helped others left me asking “How can I do more?!”

At the time I was a single father who had sole custody of three lovely girls. One day during the holidays we purchased a handful of blankets to handout to those living on the streets. Later that year my daughters made lemonade stand to raise money to help raise money for the cause. On such a cloudy day and hardly any traffic they did really well raising nearly One hundred dollars.

It is because of this that we will sell t-shirts and other products with the “You Are Loved” logo in order to raise funds to purchase toiletries and clothing for those in need. We will also seek help from grants, fund raisers and donations.

In my search I had noticed that most had focused on the food, shelter and helping with spiritual needs. The You Are Loved Inc. will focus on the more basic needs. Our goal is to raise funds for toiletries, blankets, socks, and other personal products. By doing this we will help the homeless on the outward with these materials. This in turn will help illuminate the emotional and spiritual well being,

--------------------
In the beginning, now and in the end.

There is nothing new under the sun.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 08:22 AM