Free Online Ordinations - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Ministry Products - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Wedding Law - The Univeral Life Church Monastery Guide to Divinity - The Univeral Life Church Monastery

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IS MY ORDINATION LEGAL AND RECONGIZED IN MICHIGAN?
Rev. Ricky J Phi...
post Aug 9 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,673

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN RECONGIZES ULC AND MY ORDINATION AS A LEGAL STATUS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BR. Joseph
post Aug 10 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 9,008

The all states answer:
The church is recognized nationally and the ordination is valid. To find out what the state requires for verification if any and what you are legally allowed to do, you should ask the local court clerk. Additionally you can check out the websites FAQ.
http://www.themonastery.org/?destination=u...aryMarriageLaws should give you an idea of where to start.

Scroll down to your state and read there. Michigan has what looks like a number of loops to hop through before you can do weddings. Once again, the advice here is ask the court clerk that deals with marriage licenses for the most current information.

--------------------
In the beginning, now and in the end.

There is nothing new under the sun.

+Quote Post
revlcb
post Aug 12 2009, 05:10 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,238

QUOTE (Rev. Ricky J Phillips @ Aug 9 2009, 06:31 AM) *
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN RECONGIZES ULC AND MY ORDINATION AS A LEGAL STATUS

I also live in MI. I have contacted Lansing and was told that as long as your ordination was valid, as well as in good standing, with the ordaining organization, then you were considered legal to perform marriage ceremonies. You might want to check with your local county clerk to determine if they want you to register with them as an officiant.

I have a printed copy of my letter of good standing with ULC as well as a certificate - just in case of question.

Blessings ~ Rev. Lisa

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 10:22 PM